Our heart at River Valley Church is to show the love of Jesus through our generosity. This Christmas season, there are several opportunities to step into the giving spirit and help those in need.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We ship these simple gifts to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Pick up your Operation Christmas Child box at your campus, or use your own plastic or cardboard shoebox.
- Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2–4, 5–9, or 10–14.
- Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies.
- Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
- Return your Operation Christmas Child box to your campus by November 25.
Angel Tree is a program of Prison Fellowship that connects parents in prison with their children through the delivery of Christmas gifts. This unique program gives you an opportunity to share God’s love by helping to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the families of prisoners. Included on each Angel Tree tag is a suggested gift type based on what the prisoner picked out for their child.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Pick up an Angel Tree tag from your campus.
- Purchase the requested gift (usually $15-25).
- Bring the gift unwrapped and in a bag with the Angel Tree tag attached to your campus.
- Return your Angel Tree gift to your campus by November 25.